No products in the cart.
Lavender Apple Butter
Lavender apple butter is a delightful and unique twist on the traditional apple butter recipe.
Combining the sweet and tangy flavors of apples with the aromatic essence of lavender creates a truly exquisite spread that can be enjoyed in various ways.
One of the most common uses for lavender apple butter is as a spread on toast or freshly baked bread. Its smooth and velvety texture, along with its rich flavor profile, adds a touch of elegance to any breakfast or snack time. The combination of apples and lavender creates a harmonious balance between sweetness and floral undertones, making it an unforgettable taste experience.
In addition to being used as a spread, lavender apple butter can also be incorporated into both sweet and savory recipes. It can be used as a filling for pastries, such as turnovers or tarts, adding a burst of flavor to every bite. For those who enjoy experimenting in the kitchen, it can even be used as an ingredient in marinades or glazes for roasted meats or vegetables, imparting its unique taste to create truly remarkable dishes.
Furthermore, lavender apple butter can be enjoyed as an accompaniment to cheese platters or charcuterie boards. Its complex flavors complement various types of cheeses and cured meats, creating mouthwatering combinations that will impress guests at any gathering.
Lavender apple butter is not only versatile but also adds a touch of sophistication to any culinary creation. Whether used as a spread on toast or incorporated into recipes both sweet and savory, its distinctive flavors are sure to leave a lasting impression on your taste buds. So why not indulge in this delectable treat and discover the endless possibilities that lavender apple butter has to offer?
Lavender Vinegar – Apple Cider is Preferred
- 7 Pounds Apples (Peeled and Cored, Honeycrisp Preferred)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Lavender Simple Syrup (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Lavender Infused Vinegar (Lavender Infused Apple Cider Vinegar Preferred)
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider
- 2 teaspoons Lavender Extract (or Vanilla Extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon Culinary Lavender Buds (Ground)
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Course Kosher Salt
- Add all ingredients into a crockpot, add lid and cook on high for 8 hours. Remove lid and cook for another hour. *
- Use an immersion blender, or a regular blender, to puree hot apples and juices.
- After pureed, transfer hot apple butter in hot, sterilized canning jars. Fill to within 1/4 inch to top, wipe any spilled apple butter and seat lid and secure rings to jars.
- Enjoy within 2 weeks or use a water bath canning method linked in notes. Process in water bath for 15 minutes.
*Alternatively, you may cook on a stovetop low for 3 hours with lid, remove lid for a half an hour.
Buy the Cookbook or Grow Your Own Culinary Lavender & Herbs!
All lavender and herb plants come with extensive growing and care instructions + recipes. These herbs may be grown inside during the winter and then planted outside during the summer.