No products in the cart.
Lemon Lavender Sourdough Scones
Indulge in the delightful combination of zesty lemon and fragrant lavender with this recipe for heavenly lemon lavender sourdough scones. Perfect for a leisurely breakfast or as a delectable pastry to accompany your afternoon tea, these scones are sure to satisfy your cravings.
This scone recipe combines the bright citrus flavor of fresh lemons with the delicate floral notes of lavender, creating a unique and irresistible treat for your taste buds.
Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting out in the kitchen, this lemon lavender scone recipe easy to make and guaranteed to impress. With simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, you’ll have a batch of aromatic pastries ready to enjoy in no time.
So why not elevate your breakfast or tea time experience with these delightful lemon lavender scones? Treat yourself and your loved ones to a burst of refreshing flavors that will leave you craving for more. Get ready to indulge in this exquisite culinary delight!
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Culinary Lavender Buds (Dried)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Butter (Cold, Grated)
- 1 Cup Sourdough Starter
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream (Plus 1 teaspoon for brushing on before cooking)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lavender Extract
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- In a mixing bowl, place the flour, sugar, lavender buds, baking powder and salt and stir to combine. Grate your butter and add it to the flour mixture. Use a fork or pastry cutter to combine.
- Using a potato peeler, peel the rind off of the lemon and set aside. Juice the lemon and set aside in a different bowl.
- In another mixing bowl or stand mixer with a dough hook, add the sourdough discard, heavy cream, extracts, lemon juice and mix together. Add the flour mixture to the discard mixture and manually stir or stir with dough hook until the dough comes together.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times . The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Shape in a lightly floured pie plate, cover with wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove from pie plate, using a pizza cutter, cut the circle into 8 wedges. Brush the scones with heavy cream.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes, checking often the last 5 minutes to make sure they do not burn.
- (Optional) Top with your favorite glaze and sprinkle with grated lemon rind and garnish with more lavender buds.
Buy the Cookbook or Grow Your Own Culinary Lavender & Herbs!
All lavender and herb plants come with extensive growing and care instructions + recipes. These herbs may be grown inside during the winter and then planted outside during the summer.